Friday, January 7, 2011

Now...and then

It is amazing to me just how fast the past few years have gone by, though it does not always seem that way.. At times, the days crawl by and it feels like nothing gets accomplished, nothing changes. But then clothes become outgrown, someone achieves a new milestone, it's time to buy the next level of curriculum...and it hits me: time is actually going by quickly. More quickly than I want to believe!  Because I am a stay-at-home mom, I am with my children the most, so I don't always notice how much they change and grow from one day to the next...until I stop and look at old pictures.
Here are my children now:
and here is a picture of them then--in spring of 2009:
When did they get so big? 

The past two days have been quite stressful. Nothing earth shattering happened, it has just been a challenge to keep the children occupied on these days where it is too cold to be outside much. Ethan is at an especially exhausting age (19 months) and is constantly getting into things. Then the other two are bouncing off the walls and wanting me to do activites with them When my husband has to work late, it makes for a long stretch of time where I am holding down the fort with three active,
mischievious, inquisitive, spirited,  little ones.
I guess the not so good days make the really great days stand out, right?!?

But, all I have to do is pull out pictures from the past to get grounded again. Leafing through the albums,  I realize anew that these phases are short and will be over in a flash. I wish I could stop time and at least make it pass a little slower.
I just need to take a deep breathe and try to find things to enjoy about certain challenging days...even as I go to roll up yet another pile of unwound toilet paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment