Saturday, March 12, 2011

Six

Today marks six years since I first became a mother when our oldest son, Isaac, entered the world.
 And our world has never been the same!
He has brought so much joy to my life. I did not imagine myself as a mother to boys, but am so glad that God saw fit to bless me with one as my first born.
Some days, our personalities mix like oil and water. But on other days, we find some sort of mutual understanding in a peaceful,middle place...a connection, a bond. Funny how that works!
Isaac has brought so much energy and enthusiasm to each day. He has made me more relaxed and spontaneous. He thinks of the most interesting questions to ask. He has an unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
He has a strong spirit, yet a soft heart.
These past years have flown by so quickly. It seems like he was just a tiny newborn that we were so nervous to bring home from the hospital. That stage did not last long, though. By four months old, he was mobile, and has not slowed down since!
I am kept constantly on my toes! But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Sometimes I look back on those baby days with yearning. I wish that I had realized how swiftly they would pass and how much of the "little stuff" that I would forget.
But I also look forward to the future, to spending many more days with my son, celebrating each milestone in life as it comes, and savoring the small things he does that make us smile.
Now he is such a big boy, reading fluently on his own, waiting impatiently to lose his first tooth, and even dreaming of being the youngest astronaut in history.
I have no idea just what plans that God has in store for him, but I will be there beside Isaac, encouraging, supporting, and loving him.
I am so thankful to have my wonderful son, challenging bumps in the road and all. He is a gift. A joy. A true blessing!

Happy birthday to you , Isaac.
I love you so much.

1 comment: